Spay and neuter assistance
Blount Spay/Neuter Assistance Program is for residents of Blount County only.
It is not intended for shelter-adopted animals. The program will be administered as funds become available. B-SNAP may provide free or low cost spay/neuter assistance to residents who meet the following criteria:
- Low income families or individuals who meet the income guidelines used by the Blount County Board of Education for the free and reduced lunch program.
- Referral from local Human Service Organization (ARC, BCCC, DHR, etc.)
- Special Circumstances (At the discretion of BCASI)
- Satisfactory documentation must be provided to insure residency of Blount County and income qualifications. Documentation approved on a case by case basis.
Certificates cover the cost of a routine spay or neuter procedure, only.
The certificate costs are subject to change. Currently certificates vary per gender and species.
- Certificates for male dogs are $55.
- Certificates for female cats are $55.
- Certificates for male cats are $40.
- Certificates for female dogs are $65.
Additional charges, including any required vaccinations, are the responsibility of the pet owner.
Redeemed certificates are mailed to BCASI and paid on a monthly basis.